A fiew types of Opel multimedia GPS devices can be installed in Opel cars:
- Opel MediaNav or Navi 50 (2012-2015)
- Opel MediaNav Evolution (2016-2018)
- Other Systems (these other multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
Since the Media-Nav systems look almost the same, the only way to distinguish them is to find out a software version number of a device. Each Opel multimedia system has its certain stock firmware number. Please find below the short instruction how to view the current software version and determine a type of your Opel multimedia system.
Find out Opel stock software version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- In the Main menu select the Settings sub-menu and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Open the System version. The screen will display the current Opel firmware version.
- Determine a type of your Opel radio device by the software version:
- 2.x.x – 4.x.x – MediaNav device (LG LAN5200 WR1, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 2.0.9, 3.5.7, 4.0.6, 4.1.0
- 5.x.x – 9.x.x – MediaNav Evolution device (LG LAN5200 WR2, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 5.2.7.А, 6.0.4, 9.1.3
- 1.0.x.x – MediaNav Linux device (LG LAN5800WR0, OS Linux) is installed. For example, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52.0821
Menaco Customware for Opel
Native Opel multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco is add-on firmware (alternative firmware) for Opel GPS multimedia devices.
Menaco customware allows you to have Opel multimedia system updated and to add new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
- Menaco for Opel MediaNav supports firmware version 4.1.0 and lower.
- Menaco for Opel MediaNav Evolution supports firmware version 5.2.7 and higher.
- Menaco for Opel MediaNav Linux is being peveloped. We recommend to subscribe for a Newsletter that will be sent upon the customware is ready.
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to Opel multimedia devices and for Opel multimedia system update.
Please find below a list of Opel modes supported by Menaco.
Menaco Compatibility for Opel
|Supported Opel models||Navi 50||Media-Nav Evolution|
- If your car model is not in the list above please send us your inquiry by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Menaco customware for Opel Media-Nav Linux is being developped (Media-Nav Linux is not supported yet), the first release is coming soon.