Menaco provides full support for factory-installed rear view cameras installed in all supported cars.
Menaco also allows you to connect a rear view camera to MediaNav and MediaNav Evolution for Renault, Dacia, Opel, Nissan, Lada, if the camera is not available. Installation of both wired and wireless rear view cameras is possible.
- NTSC and PAL cameras are supported for connection.
- In Menaco, the signal is automatically detected at the analog video input of the radio. Therefore, you DO NOT need to connect 12V from the reversing lamp to the radio connector.
- You can use a wireless rear view camera as well as other video sources.
The Menaco customware provides two modes for turning on the camera (in the Menaco menu): manual and automatic.
Automatic Switching On
The automatic activation of the rear view camera (if there is a connected camera) occurs automatically when the reverse gear is engaged. This supplies power to the rear view camera using the gear lever.
Manual activation of the rear view camera is set by pressing the “camera” button in the lower right corner of the Menaco menu.
Manual mode connects the video input of the radio at the software level, but this does not supply power to the rear view camera. The manual mode can be used when another device is connected instead of a camera (for example, a video recorder), and it constantly sends a signal to the radio tape recorder.
Camera Control Functions
In version 188.8.131.52 of Menaco for MediaNav and version 184.108.40.206 for MediaNav Evolution, additional options for controlling the rear view camera are implemented.
- It is possible to turn on / off the display of the image when the reverse gear is turned on (it is possible to remove the standby mode for 5 seconds).
- Menaco programmatically provides the drawing of colored parking lines on the screen of the radio. Sometimes a purchased camera has its own parking lines. To disable these lines in Menaco, follow the Disable / Switch Parking Lines Instructions in User’s Guide under Rear view camera Note: In previous versions of Menaco, for example 220.127.116.11 Media-Nav and 18.104.22.168 Media-Nav Evolution, to disable these lines in Menaco, delete the /menavrus/ParkLine.flg file from the USB Stick and restart the radio (turning off her for 30 seconds).
- Menaco provides software to draw colored parking lines on the radio screen. Sometimes a purchased camera has its own parking lines. To disable these lines in Menaco, follow the instructions for Disabling / Switching Parking Lines in the User Manual under Rear View Camera.
Note: in previous versions of Menaco, for example 22.214.171.124 MediaNav and 126.96.36.199 MediaNav Evolution, to disable parking lines in Menaco, delete the file /menavrus/ParkLine.flg from the USB Stick and restart the radio (turning it off for 30 seconds).
- The settings of the rear view camera, audio channel, information line are placed in the Menaco graphical interface.
- The image from the camera appears until the custom software is fully loaded.
- Ability to display the camera in full screen. Additionally, you need to install https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DtjY/KwBxUmU1t (thanks to the French and Zmiterm!). (Installation instructions: 1. Unpack upgrade.lgu to USB Stick. 2. Install by inserting USB Stick into your radio).
- Ability to mirror the camera image (Menaco Settings -> RVC).
- Ability to mirror the camera to full screen.
Installing A Rear View Camera
Now it’s easy to install a rear view camera in vehicles. Rear view camera connection diagram can be provided upon request.