The 1st generation of GEN 1.0 multimedia devices (radios, head units) were installed in Kia and Hyundai cars from 2010 to 2015. The GEN 1.0 platform uses OS WinCE 6 and has a 7″ screen.
GEN 1.0 Multimedia Modifications
There are two modifications of GEN 1.0 multimedia devices: so called “before restyling” and “restyled”.
- GEN 1.0 before restyling (2010-2013, LG LAN89xx, OS WinCE6).
- GEN 1.0 restyled (2013-2015, LG LAN21xx, LAN31xx, OS WinCE6).
Visually (without dismantling the device) you can determine the modification of GEN 1.0 as follows:
- “Before restyling” (pre restyled) multimedia devices do not have a small “Reset” button near the CD tray (to the right or left of the CD disc tray).
- “Restyled” multimedia devices have a small “Reset” button near the CD tray (to the right or left of the CD disc tray).
How To Find Out GEN 1.0 Software Version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- Press and hold the “gear” or “Setup” button on the front of the radio for 10 seconds.
- The current GEN 1.0 software version is shown in the line “Software version” or “Info about software version” or “Software” (depending on a device model).
- Determine a type of your GEN 1.0 radio device by the software version:
- 3.x.x, 5.x.x
The GEN 1.0 pre restyled radio is installed. For example, 3.1.5, 3.2.0, 5.1.3.
Note: “Pre restyled” multimedia devices do not have a small “Reset” button near the CD tray (to the right or left of the CD disc tray).
- 3.x.x, 5.x.x, 7.x.x, 8.x.x
The GEN 1.0 restiled radio is installed. For example, 3.1.5, 5.1.3, 7.9.4, 8.0.6.
Note: “Restiled” multimedia devices have a small “Reset” button near the CD tray (to the right or left of the CD disc tray).
Menaco GEN1 Customware
GEN 1.0 multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco GEN1 is add-on firmware for GEN 1.0 car GPS multimedia devises. Menaco customware allows you to have new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
Menaco GEN1 Customware includes the following navigation applications:
- Navitel Navigator
- Seven Ways
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to GEN1 devices.
Menaco GEN1 supports GEN 1.0 radio models with stock software versions 5.1.3 – 8.0.6 and below.
When installing Menaco alternative firmware on a GEN 1.0 device, you need to know which modification of the device is installed in the car – pre restyled or restyled.
- Menaco GEN1 (pre restyled) does not provide Internet connection.
- Menaco GEN1 (restyled) supports the ability to connect a multimedia device to the Internet (Menaco Internet function).
Please find below a few pics of Menaco GEN1.
Please find below car models supported by Menaco for GEN 1.0.
Check out the functionality of GEN5 Customware for Mobis (Kia / Hyundai).
We are sorry that a video is provided in Russian only. Please note that all system lettering and messages are in English.