The 5th generation of GEN 5.0 multimedia devices (radios, head units) are being installed in Kia and Hyundai cars since 2016. The GEN 5.0 platform uses OS Android 4.2 and has both 7″ and 8″screens.
How To Find Out GEN 5.0 Software Version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- Press once the Setup button on the front panel and scroll to the bottom of the list. The System Information button will appear, click it. The System Information or System Information or Version Information or General Settings window will open (depending on a device model).
- The Software Version is shown in the line “SW Version” or “S/W Ver.” or “System S/W”. For example, TL.EUR.SOP.V112.191217.STD_M.
- Determine a type of your GEN 5.0 radio device by the software version:
- xx.EUR.SOP.xxx.x.xxxxxx, xx.EUR.SOP.xxx.xx.xxxxxx (LG)
- xx.EUR.SOP.Vxxx.xx.xxxx.STD_M (Mobis with SD Card & Navi)
- xx.EUR.SOP.Vxxx.xx.xxxx.DAU_A (Mobis without SD Card & Navi)
- xx_PIO.GEN.SOP.xxx.x.xxxxxx.STD_M (Motrex)
- (and others)
The GEN 5.0 radio (LG IAH8434UMNG or Mobis ADB10H0RE, OS Android 4.2) is installed.
For example, UM_19MY.EUR.SOP.003.20.180418.STD_M, TLFL.EUR.SOP.V112.200401.STD_M, QLPE.EUR.SOP.V096.180503.DAU_A.
Menaco GEN5 Customware
GEN 5.0 multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco GEN5 is add-on firmware for GEN 5.0 car GPS multimedia devises. Menaco customware allows you to have new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
With Menaco GEN5 Customware the user can independently install several navigation applications, i.e.:
- Navitel Navigator (offline)
- Google Maps (online)
- Maps.Me (offline)
- iGO (offline)
- Seven Ways (offline)
- Yandex.Navigator (online)
- ProGorod (demo)
- CityGuide (demo)
- 2Gis (offline)
- and more
– Some of them are offline services (like Navitel Navigator), some ones are online services (like Google Maps).
– Online services provide up to date maps, but they require a multimedia device to be connected to the Internet.
– Offline services have different maps. These services do not require the Internet. We provide the latest (newest) maps for Navitel Navigator (along with an activation key for Navitel Navigator).
For more information on navigation apps see the GEN5 Customware Functions section below.
An SD Card is required to install Menaco Customware to GEN5 (with Wi-Fi) devices.
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to GEN5 (without Wi-Fi and a built-in SD Card slot) devices.
Menaco GEN5 supports most Kia GEN 5.0 multimedia. Since there are a lot of modifications of GEN 5.0 (more then 300) some of models are still not supported. We strongly recommend to check the compatibility of Kia GEN 5.0 devices with Menaco GEN5 Customware. For this purpose please refer to the Compatibility Search Form.
Please find below car models supported by Menaco for GEN 5.0.
Kia Sorento Prime
Kia Sportage 4
Hyundai Accent (Solaris)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Hyundai Santa Fe Premium
Hyundai Grand Santa Fe
Hyundai Grand Starex
Hyundai Tucson III
GEN5 Customware Android Applications
GEN5 Customware offers a large number of applications for Android multimedia.
More than 70 .app applications (over 15 categories) are available for installation. Choose 10-20 apps you need. We do not recommend installing all the proposed applications. The more applications are installed, the less RAM memory remains on the device and the slower the device works.
Please find below a list of categories / Android applications (and more) for GEN5 Customware devices.
Lite_HD + TV
ALMA TV BOX
Torque-Pro_WiFi (Wi-Fi OBDII adapter)
GEN5 Customware Functions
- Supports all standard functions: radio, audio player, rear view camera (all-round view cameras), Bluetooth, etc.
- Supports GEN 5.0 multimedia devices without Wi-Fi.
The Internet is connected in two ways:
a. Via USB Wi-Fi Realtek adapters from a Wi-Fi hotspot on a mobile phone (Android or Apple);
b. Via USB 3G modems or via USB tethering mode in mobile phones on Android. The user buys peripheral devices on his own. The Installation Instructions will provide a recommended list of devices and setup instructions.
- Supports GEN 5.0 multimedia devices without SD Card.
It is possible to connect a USB hub so that you can simultaneously use a USB flash drive and other USB devices inserted in the head unit. The user buys peripheral devices on his own. The Installation Instructions will provide a recommended list of devices and setup instructions.
- GEN 5.0 devices of Mobis can install both .app and .apk applications.
- GEN 5.0 devices of LG and Motrex can install .app applications.
- Partial support for steering wheel buttons (not all third-party applications can understand the commands of these buttons, in some third-party players you can leaf through tracks). ALL the native functions of the steering wheel buttons for standard applications remain working (volume buttons, up and down, accept a call, reject a call, voice assistant button, etc.).
- Maps v. 9.14.0 works with all Android 4.2 multimedia devices, Mobis, LG, Motrex. In some LG devices Google.Maps may not work for some reasons.
- The system time is synchronized with the satellite.
- Multimedia device recovery mode is available.
- Changeable skins are available in the Custom Menu.
Please find below a few pics of GEN5 Customware.
Check out the functionality of GEN5 Customware for Mobis (Kia / Hyundai).
We are sorry that a video is provided in Russian only. Please note that all system lettering and messages are in English.