A fiew types of Lada multimedia GPS devices can be installed in Lada cars:
- Lada MediaNav Evolution (2016-2018)
- Lada MediaNav Linux or Media-Nav ULC4 (since the end of 2018)
- Other systems (these other multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
Since the Media-Nav systems look almost the same, the only way to distinguish them is to find out a software version number of a device. Each Lada multimedia system has its certain stock firmware number. Please find below the short instruction how to view the current software version and determine a type of your Lada multimedia system.
Find out Lada stock software version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- In the Main menu select the Settings sub-menu and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Open the System version. The screen will display the current Lada firmware version.
- Determine a type of your Lada radio device by the software version:
- 5.x.x – 9.x.x – MediaNav Evolution device (LG LAN5200 WR2, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 5.2.7.А, 6.0.4, 9.1.3
- 1.0.x.x – MediaNav Linux device (LG LAN5800WR0, OS Linux) is installed. For example, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.0821
Menaco Customware for Lada
Native Lada multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco is add-on firmware (alternative firmware) for Lada GPS multimedia devices.
Menaco customware allows you to have Lada multimedia system updated and to add new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
- Menaco for Lada MediaNav Evolution supports firmware version 5.2.7 and higher.
- Menaco for Lada MediaNav Linux is being peveloped. We recommend to subscribe for a Newsletter that will be sent upon the customware is ready.
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to Lada multimedia devices and for Lada multimedia system update.
Please find below a list of Lada modes supported by Menaco.
Menaco Compatibility for Lada
|Supported Lada models||Media-Nav Evolution||Media-Nav Linux|
- If your car model is not in the list above please send us your inquiry by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Menaco customware for Lada Media-Nav Linux is being developped (Media-Nav Linux is not supported yet), the first release is coming soon.