A several types of Renault multimedia GPS devices can be installed in Renault cars:
- Renault MediaNav (2012-2015)
- Renault MediaNav Evolution (2016-2018)
- Renault MediaNav Linux or Media-Nav ULC4 (since the end of 2018)
- R-Link and R-Link 2 (these multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
- Other Systems (these other multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
Since the MediaNav systems look almost the same, the only way to distinguish them is to find out a software version number of a device. Each Renault multimedia system has its certain stock firmware number. Please find below the short instruction how to view the current software version and determine a type of your Renault multimedia system.
Find out Renault stock software version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- In the Main menu select the Settings sub-menu and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Open the System version. The screen will display the current Renault firmware version.
- Determine a type of your Renault radio device by the software version:
- 1.x.x – 4.x.x – MediaNav device (LG LAN5200 WR1, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 1.1.5, 2.0.9, 3.5.7, 4.0.6, 4.1.0
- 5.x.x – 9.x.x – MediaNav Evolution device (LG LAN5200 WR2, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 5.2.7.А, 6.0.4, 9.1.3
- 1.0.x.x – MediaNav Linux device (LG LAN5800WR0, OS Linux) is installed. For example, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206.0821, 220.127.116.11
Menaco Customware for Renault
Native Renault multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco is add-on firmware (alternative firmware) for Renault GPS multimedia devices.
Menaco customware allows you to have Renault multimedia system updated and to add new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
- Menaco for Renault MediaNav supports firmware version 4.1.0 and lower.
- Menaco for Renault MediaNav Evolution supports firmware version 5.2.7 and higher.
- Menaco for Renault MediaNav Linux is being peveloped. We recommend to subscribe for a Newsletter that will be sent upon the customware is ready.
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to Renault multimedia devices and for Renault multimedia system update.
Please find below a list of Renault modes supported by Menaco.
Menaco Compatibility for Renault
|Supported Renault models||Media-Nav||Media-Nav Evolution||Media-Nav Linux|
|Renault Clio IV||√||√|
|Renault Clio Estate||√||√|
|Renault Sandero Stepway II||√||√||–|
|Renault Trafic Bus III||√||√|
- If your car model is not in the list above please send us your inquiry by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Menaco customware for Renault Media-Nav Linux is being developped (Media-Nav Linux is not supported yet), the first release is coming soon.1