The 2nd generation of GEN 2.0 multimedia devices (radios, head units) were installed in Kia and Hyundai cars in 2015 – 2016. The GEN 2.0 platform uses OS WinCE 7 and has a 7″ screen.
How To Find Out GEN 2.0 Software Version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- Press and hold the “gear” or “Setup” button on the front of the radio for 10 seconds.
- The current GEN 2.0 software version is shown in the line “Software version” or “Info about software version” or “Software” (depending on a device model).
- Determine a type of your GEN 2.0 radio device by the software version:
- xx.EU.SOP.10.xxx, xx.EU.SOP.20.ххх
The GEN 2.0 radio (LAN40хx, LAN50xx, LAN53хх, OS WinCE7) is installed.
For example, DM.EU.SOP.10.103, JD.EU.SOP.20.003, DM.EU.SOP.20.166, QL.EU.SOP.20.194.
Menaco GEN2 Customware
GEN 2.0 multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco GEN2 is add-on firmware for GEN 2.0 car GPS multimedia devises. Menaco customware allows you to have new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
Menaco GEN2 Customware includes the following navigation applications:
- Navitel Navigator
- Seven Ways
- ProGorod (demo)
- CityGuide (demo)
An SD Card is required to install Menaco Customware to GEN2 devices.
Menaco GEN2 supports GEN 2.0 radio models with stock software versions 10.001 – 10.205, 20.001 – 20.205.
Please find below a few pics of Menaco GEN2.
Please find below car models supported by Menaco for GEN 2.0.
Check out the functionality of GEN5 Customware for Mobis (Kia / Hyundai).
We are sorry that a video is provided in Russian only. Please note that all system lettering and messages are in English.