The Internet in the car is already a reality. Modern navigation programs make it possible to receive information about the traffic situation in real time (online traffic jams). But to have this function available, the multimedia device must be connected to the global Internet.
Since the standard car radio does not have the ability to interact with the Internet, this function cannot be implemented in the original firmware version. Menaco Customware solves this problem. The Internet has become available on standard multimedia devices.
Menaco Internet software provides a revolutionary way to connect your car multimedia to the Internet. The navigation programs included in Menaco Customware (for example, Navitel Navigator, Google Maps, Yandex.Navigator, etc.) now have access to the Internet.
Menaco Internet function supports the following vehicles (multimedia devices):
- Dacia / Renault (Media-Nav, Media-Nav Evolution)
- Opel (Navi-50, Media-Nav Evolution)
- Lada XRAY (Media-Nav Evolution)
- Nissan Terrano (Media-Nav Evolution)
- Kia-restyled (GEN1)
- Hyundai-restyled (GEN1)
- Kia (GEN2, GEN5)
- Hyundai (GEN2, GEN5)
Menaco Internet Features
Menaco Internet software provides the head unit with the following additional features:
- Online traffic jams when driving on busy road sections.
- Internet radio for listening to Internet radio stations.
- Viewing Internet video (IPTV) through a multimedia video player.
- A mobile browser based on the Opera browser (a simplified version of the browser is built into the Menaco customware, since the multimedia device resources are limited). Data transmission is carried out at a speed of up to 70 kB/s. An Internet browser function is implemented for the Media-Nav and Media-Nav Evolution devices. Internet access is provided via a USB modem or via an Android smartphone.
- A full-fledged Opera Mini web browser is integrated into the Menaco customware for GEN2 devices of Kia and Hyundai vehicles. Internet access is provided via Wi-Fi built in multimedia devices.
Internet Connection Methods
- To connect Media-Nav (Dacia, Renault, Opel) as well as Media-Nav Evolution (Dacia, Renault, Lada, Nissan) to the global Internet, external USB modems or Android mobile phones (in USB modem mode) can be used. A MicroSD card is used to store navigation maps.
- To connect GEN1 (Kia, Hyundai) to the global Internet, external USB modems can be used. A MicroSD card is used to store navigation maps.
- To connect GEN2 (Kia, Hyundai) to the global Internet, the built-in Wi-Fi is used. An SD card is used to store navigation maps.
- To connect GEN5 with Wi-Fi (Kia, Hyundai) to the global Internet, the built-in Wi-Fi is used. An SD card is used to store navigation maps.
- To connect GEN5 without Wi-Fi and SD Card (Kia, Hyundai) to the global Internet, external USB Wi-Fi adapters or USB 3G modems or Android mobile phones (in USB tethering mode). An USB Stick is used to store navigation maps.