How To Update Maps And Customware
You can update both Menaco Customware and navigation maps or maps only. It depends on a type of the multimedia device and the specific update.
Before taking any action, you need to check the need for an update:
- First of all, see which version of customware (or maps) is installed in your device.
- Then compare this version with the current Menaco version for your type of multimedia device. If the versions differ, you can update.
- For the required update, see the details in the News page (download there).
- To enter the updates page you will need your login and password to enter My account, which is created automatically after paying for the order (without this data, access to the updates page will be denied).
- The update instructions and links will be available at the updates page.
- Please note: for prompt receipt of information about updates, we suggest subscribing to the newsletter through the Subscription Form.
How To View Your Order Date And Number
- After payment, the order number can be found in My Account / Orders. Please log in and see.
- After payment, you received an order confirmation by e-mail with your Order number. You can keep this e-mail.
New Versions Of Menaco
New versions of Menaco are released in the following cases:
- New Menaco features and capabilities for faster and more reliable performance of the customware.
- Release of a new version of navigation programs included in the customware.
- Fixing bugs in the customware.
- Support for new functions and SW versions from the manufacturer of multimedia devices.
Please note that we do not recommend updating the stock firmware after installing Menaco. Before updating we recommend to consult us if a new SW version is compatible with Menaco.
Updating the stock firmware will completely remove the Menaco customware from the radio. In this case, you will have to reinstall the Menaco customware (if possible). This will be possible if the new stock software version is compatible with the Menaco customware. If not, Menaco cannot be installed. Or you will have to downgrade the software version (this is not always possible).
In addition, with the Menaco customware, firmware updating makes no sense:
– From the point of view of a Menaco user, it does not matter what stock firmware is installed on the radio. Think about it, when you switch to Menaco, you use all the standard features plus the functions of Menaco itself: navigation in Menaco, radio in Menaco, Bluetooth in Menaco, video in Menaco, other apps, etc.
– In most cases, firmware updates are not visible to the user, they are performed at the level of internal program operation. When new features are released in the firmware, we also change the Menaco version.