A several types of Dacia multimedia GPS devices can be installed in Dacia cars:
- Dacia MediaNav (2012-2015)
- Dacia MediaNav Evolution (2016-2018)
- Dacia MediaNav Linux or Media-Nav ULC4 (since the end of 2018)
- R-Link and R-Link 2 (these multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
- Other Systems (these other multimedia devices are not the subject of this project)
Since the MediaNav GPS systems look almost the same, the only way to distinguish them is to find out a software version number of a device. Each Dacia multimedia system has its certain stock firmware number. Please find below the short instruction how to view the current software version and determine a type of your Dacia multimedia system.
Find out Dacia stock software version
- Turn on the multimedia device.
- In the Main menu select the Settings sub-menu and scroll to the bottom of the list.
- Open the System version. The screen will display the current Dacia firmware version.
- Determine a type of your Dacia radio device by the software version:
- 2.x.x – 4.x.x – MediaNav device (LG LAN5200 WR1, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 2.0.9, 3.5.7, 4.0.6, 4.1.0
- 5.x.x – 9.x.x – MediaNav Evolution device (LG LAN5200 WR2, OS WinCE 6) is installed. For example, 5.2.7.А, 6.0.4, 9.1.3
- 1.0.x.x – MediaNav Linux device (LG LAN5800WR0, OS Linux) is installed. For example, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Menaco Customware for Dacia
Native Dacia multimedia devices are very reliable and of high quality. Their potential is quite large. But they have limited functionality.
Menaco is add-on firmware (alternative firmware) for Dacia GPS multimedia devices.
Menaco customware allows you to have Dacia multimedia system updated and to add new functions in your on-board system, please refer to table Menaco Add-On Functions.
- Menaco for Dacia MediaNav supports firmware version 4.1.0 and lower.
- Menaco for Dacia MediaNav Evolution supports firmware version 5.2.7 and higher.
- Menaco for Dacia MediaNav Linux is being peveloped. We recommend to subscribe for a Newsletter that will be sent upon the customware is ready.
A USB Stick is required to install Menaco Customware to Dacia multimedia devices and for Dacia multimedia system update.
Please find below a list of Dacia modes supported by Menaco.
Menaco Compatibility for Dacia
|Supported Dacia models||Media-Nav||Media-Nav Evolution||Media-Nav Linux|
|Dacia Sandero Stepway II||√||√||–|
- If your car model is not in the list above please send us your inquiry by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Menaco customware for Dacia Media-Nav Linux is being developped (Media-Nav Linux is not supported yet), the first release is coming soon.